Sunday, March 1, 2009

Felling like I am getting there

Well, I must say… all in all I feel like I am making progress! I’ve had bumps and upsets but I think the overall progress is going really well. The key here is that I am continually reducing the Prednisone while holding off the symptoms of the Sarcoid! Every time I go down a level on the Prednisone I feel the symptoms come back for a short while, but then my body adjusts and it gets back under control. My hope (and my doctor’s) is that I will eventually get off the Prednisone and I won’t have the symptoms anymore! I really feel like I am on the right track, despite some of the crazy side effects I’ve been having.

I have had a number of people tell me that they are praying for me. All I can say is “Thank you!” You don’t know how much that truly helps. Being a father of six extremely active kids, working to provide for the family and support my wife who is going through a number of serious medical challenges herself takes a lot of focus and effort. I’ll tell you though it is worth it! Some days, especially when I need it most, I swear I can feel a little extra strength and I often wonder if someone is praying for me. =) All I know is that I really feel like God is there for me, especially in the darkest of times.

Here is to the start of a new week! Wish me luck!

Michael

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Oh baby,

I love you! We will conquer this! Thanks for helping me out everyday!

Love,

Your Wife Forever

Mike said...

Man, with support like this... how could I ever lose?

=)

I am a luck man!