Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dizzy, a Spot in the Eye & Yet...

I have always been one who has been use to being very strong. I never throw up, I have always had a lot of strength and I have never fainted. For the last couple of days I have felt very weak and twice now I have gotten very light headed and almost fell down. Tonight I was feeling so light headed that I pulled over and had my (amazingly beautiful) wife drive us home… just to be safe. I’m not sure what is causing this, (perhaps a cold?) but I hope to resolve it shortly. It could be related to lowering the medicine… I’ll have to keep an eye on it.

Speaking of eyes…. I noticed a little while back a spot in my vision. I was really worried about it and had it checked out by and eye doctor. They said not to worry but to watch it and make sure it doesn’t get bigger. The strange thing is that it comes and goes. Some times I don’t notice it at all and other times it comes back. I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this either because of Sarcoidosis or perhaps Methotrexate, or Prednisone. Anyone else experiencing this?

On the upside the pain has gone down a bit, even though I did a lot of walking during the day. This is GREAT news! I was taking Aleve in the mornings because of some Bursides that was bugging me, but decided to not take it today. I was thinking that the Aleve was actually masking some of the pain I was feeling and was worried that I was really going to feel it today. Boy wasn’t I pleasantly surprised because my feet and legs felt much better today. I am hoping that this is an indication of my body adjusting to the lower Prednisone and that I can keep on my path of reducing the dose while still keeping the Sarcoid under control. =)

2 comments:

Naimah Rasheed said...

As far back as I can remember....I've ALWAYS had these Spots in my eyes....Or wait, maybe it is just the one eye...not sure.
We are talking almost my whole life.
Anyway, I too was told to Not Worry.....so I didn't.

It COULD BE from Sarky (my nickname for this Disease)....Or not....how would we find out is My Question!!!




Naimah

Mike said...

A quick update...

Today is Sunday, April 19th and the spot in my eye has been gone now for perhaps 3 weeks. It was very bothersome for a long while, but it appears to be all better now. Who knows what caused it.

Michael