Monday, October 26, 2009

Tiny steps bigger than they look

Under my doctors instructions I have dropped down from 7.5 mgs Prednisone down to 5 mgs on October 6th and my body just can’t seem to adjust. The pain has returned along with the swelling. I think I am going to give it a few more weeks even though it has already been three. I need to make this next step if I am to get better. I am earnestly praying for help and would deeply appreciate your prayers as well. My family needs me to be better… I need me to be better.

I went to another specialist who treats Sarcoidosis and she confirmed the treatment path I am on. The goal is to get off Prednisone and then slowly take me off the rest of the medicine. This gives me confidence that I am at least on the right path.

Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers.


Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ahh…. Doing better!

I’m doing much better! The gout seems to bet getting more and more under control. It is only impacting one toe on my left foot and only minimally. I don’t feel any pain from the sarcoidosis that I can tell. =) I appear to be doing well with the kidney stones and the other infection I had seems to be gone. All in all, I think I am doing better!

During my last visit with the doctor he wanted me to drop the prednisone back down to 5 mgs from 7.5 mgs after three weeks. That will be this Tuesday. I think thing are going well. You never know what the future hold but I am hopeful!


Ps. Thanks everyone for the support and prayers!