Sunday, May 23, 2010

The strength continues!

I am continuing to do better, even missing my medication one night didn’t impact me like it has in the past. I am excited at the progress and hope that I can sustain this. I am really looking forward to gaining my strength back, I really miss it.

The other day I took an opportunity to run full out, as hard as I could and it felt GREAT! The blood pumping through my muscles, the burn of energy rushing through my body felt amazing. My lungs are still affected by the Sarcoidosis so it was hard to breath. Actually it took some time to regain my breath, and my legs were rubber afterwards for not having done this for so long, but it was awesome! I loved it and want more of it!

My wife has become very excited to begin some new diets on her own and the timing couldn’t be better. A better diet, starting more regular exercise… the road ahead looks promising. =)

Michael

2 comments:

JB said...

Hi Michael,

I stumbled across your site while looking for some information about taking Prednisone related to Sarcoidosis. I started on a 40mg treatment yesterday for the next 6 weeks and then tapering it down from there. I'm not real excited about it, but hope that it helps with my wheezing and breathing problems. Allergy season doesn't help matters either :-)

I have taken a couple of those 10mg dose packs in the past and while they seem to work well; the results don't last very long and the problems return after a few weeks or sometimes months.

After reading a few of your posts, it appears I am in for a rough road (well, hopefully not) as the steroids made you feel pretty bad. I am also an average Joe with a couple of boys and am a "hands on Dad" in which breathing problems significantly hamper normal activities sometimes.

I really just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post your experiences. I can barley find time to post anything with 2 kids, let alone 6!

I can tell you that regular exercise and eating healthier (just cutting out all the crap and fast foods) will make you feel much better. I have been raw juicing for a few months now and have much more energy. Other than my labored breathing (enlarged nodes in the chest) I feel great and would not even know I have this condition otherwise. Good quality and nutritious food is the key.

Take care and good luck to you. Thanks again for sharing your trials and tribulations with us. I appreciate it as I'm sure many others do.

JB

Mike said...

JB,

Thank you for your post. Yes 40 mg’s of Prednisone can be intense, but if you role with the punches it really helps. I found that instead of trying to fight the strong emotions I found it effective to channel those feelings into something else. (Video games are actually fairly effective) The only thing I couldn’t really mask was how…. Um…. Blunt I was at the higher mg’s. =) It seems that all of my tact went out the window at times. He He (I have a patient wife)

I hear you about the kids. I love doing things with mine as well and to be honest this has hampered things, but not too much. I think it’s great that you do a lot with them, I know of a lot of others who don’t, even when they don’t have things like Sarcoidosis. With that kind of focus I’m sure you’re going to do great.

If the Prednisone doesn’t pull it under control, take a look at the alternative medications (in my blog and elsewhere) that may help. I have been doing much better on the more current medications than just the Prednisone. (Just a suggestion)

Good luck JB! And thanks for posting. I hope all goes well for you and your family!

Michael