Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Doing Good!

Great news! I am continuing to make steady progress. I have noticed a marked improvement in the redness in my leg and it has actually begun diminishing. I had some red spots (the sarcoid) next to my left eye, and I noticed tonight that it has mostly gone. It appears that a combination of the medicine, more activity and perhaps even better weather is helping. I am very excited.

I am constantly amazed at how much strength I have lost. It is a little hard to explain because it isn’t strength per say…. I still am very strong. I’m able to lift heavy things and do the physical things I always have, it is just that I really hurt after doing them. I have the strength but get worn out quickly. I am hopeful that this is something that can be resolved with exercise and building stamina.

I think one of the biggest battles for me has been fighting the shear fatigue of the mornings. Many times in the past I have awoken to my alarm clock and the thought of getting up is staggering. Some days I just didn’t believe I had the strength to do it. I have to admit that in those times I turned to prayer and held on to my determination to never give up. As I decided to fight and as I began the day I felt an amazing amount of strength and I have been able to meet the demands of each day one day at a time. God has truly been with me and helped me, especially when the times have been hardest. And over all I have been able to do all of the important things.

It is amazing to me that sometimes the things that make you struggle the most give you the most sense of accomplishment once you have come through them and gratitude for the help that is given along the way.

I don’t believe that this is over yet, but I find myself very grateful for the progress I have made and have strong hope and confidence in things to come.

=)

Michael

No comments: