Saturday, May 1, 2010

Things Are Looking Up!


Things are going good. I am holding at 5 mgs of Prednisone and my health is holding. I have been doing more physical activities since it is getting warmer and my body appears to be holding up very well as long as I don’t overdo it.

I have a red spot that slowly (about six months) is moving up my right leg. It started in my toes and then progressed to my ankle and now is in my shin. I have no idea what it is but appears to be some kind of inflammation. The Dr. thought that it was gout and treated me for that, but the gout medicine didn’t do anything. He now thinks that it is some kind of inflammation so he had me switch my Prednisone from 2.5 mgs in the morning and 2.5 mgs in the evening to all in the morning. (5 mgs) I have been taking Meloxicam 15 mgs since April 30th which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. To be honest it really hasn’t helped. The thing that really appears to help is lots of physical activity! I helped my sister move and when I got home I thought for sure my leg was going to be terribly swollen and red, but instead it looked almost as good as when I first wake up in the morning! Surprise! Apparently physical exercise helps whatever it is. What makes it worse is sitting down all day and not moving around. I can’t wait to see what more consistent exercise can do.

I don’t know if it is just the drug change or the more activity, but I am starting to feel joint pain, especially in my toe joints, knees and sometimes my hands. It could be because of the constantly changing weather, or perhaps because I am taking the Prednisone all at once. I’m not sure. I think I am going to call my Dr. soon and let him know I want to go off the Meloxicam and go back to taking the Prednisone twice a day. That really seemed to work the best for me.

I think that overall things are looking very positive! =)

No comments: