Friday, June 19, 2009

Hurts so good & Sister Blues

I have found that going lower and lower on the prednisone allows my body to feel the normal aches and pains associated with being overweight and being out of shape. Boy, what a feeling! Well the good news is that this is a good part of the healing process. It should feel bad to be overweight and out of shape. The drugs have masked that in the past. (At least that is what I believe) I had to reschedule my DR. appointment until Monday, so I’ll confirm with him that this is why I am felling this way. I am looking forward to getting back in shape. =)

It looks like my sister may have Sarcoidosis. (Dang DNA!) She had a bout of what they thought was Bells Palsy where her face slumped, her eye drooped and her mouth hung down. They put her on high doses of Prednisone which has given her back facial control. It may be neural Sarcoid and the swelling around her facial never appears to be what caused the Bells Palsy like symptoms. They have her scheduled for a biopsy on Monday to see if it truly is Sarcoid. Frankly I hope it is because the alternative is Lymphoma and we really don’t want that. My guess is that this is Sarcoid. I guess we will have to wait until Monday to find out.

No comments: