Thursday, September 10, 2009

The pain was excruciating!

I just went through the worst 2 1/2 hours of my life! Nonstop brutal, gut wrenching, scream out loud and writhe on the ground pain that felt like my intestines had exploded and someone was slamming me in the… privets… with a sledge hammer. The emergency room gave me morphine, fentanyl (100 times more potent than morphine) and dilaudid in doses so high that they couldn’t give me any more without intibate me and it still didn’t take the pain away. I literally scream in agony almost the entire time. I know kidney stones are very painful, and I even had them before, but that was childes play compared to this. I don’t know what was different but the pain was excruciating!

The pain is under control now and I am doped up on drugs waiting for it to pass the rest of the way. The Doctors said that the rest of the way should be easier now. I sure hope so. For now it’s drink tons of water, keep the drugs in me and hope this NEVER happens again!

Michael

4 comments:

David McClendon said...

Mike,

I just read your post. I hope you are doing better, man. I am thinking about you, praying, wishing you well.

Stay strong, brother. - David McClendon

Mike said...

Thank you David, your words help more than you know!

Michael

Unknown said...

I've been there Mike. When it gets that bad you can only think about making it to the next moment. BUT, a solution may be found for you tomorrow! We have to get by on hope alone sometimes. Hang in man! =:0)

Mike said...

Yah, you’re right about that! The good news is that the next moment came and I am feeling much better now. I think we are really blessed that we don’t remember the feeling of pain, only that we had the pain and that it was bad. That makes the relief all that much better!