Sunday, September 28, 2008

Prednisone the magic drug

Wow! This morning I staggered out of bed, miserable and in pain. I stuffed some dry cereal down my throat so I won’t take the medicine on an empty stomach and then took the prednisone. I also took two IB’s and went back to bed. When I woke up at 11:00 AM I was a different man! Someone came by when I was sleeping and kicked the CRAP out of the pain man! He stopped sitting on my chest, pulled the drill bit out of my ankle, stopped punching me, packed up and left! It was amazing!

Taking this is the morning and around 2:00 PM really helped with the side effects. Although I felt a bit wired it seemed less apparent, probably because I was focused on lots of other things instead of sleeping.

Today I was very active! I put in a new faucet with a RO for clean water. It was quite the effort and I didn’t hurt at all! At the end of the day I was really surprised so I rotated my ankle to see how it was doing. It still hurt a bit when I did that but other than that, it was great! This prednisone really is amazing!

I did great eating today, even with then increased hunger that seems to hit at night because of the medicine. I eat all I wanted but made sure it was low fat and good for me. No fat popcorn, rice and fat free soup, oatmeal and cereal, etc.

Feeling good. I’m hopeful that if I can keep this kind of thing going the next 4 months are going to go very well! Here’s hoping!

Michael

No comments: